Saturday, February 23, 2013

Lulu by Lulu Guinness for JC Penney

Hi my name is Rachel and I'm addicted to collaborations. It started off as a few purchases and then it turned into I have everything, but....!

This video is my Lulu Guinness Haul of the NEW & old collection. My Youtube Page is Kissmycats3093.

If you know me, I love shopping and the "hottest" or even undiscovered trends. Sometimes I even stumble across the winners, which happens to be the case with my latest obsession: Lulu Guinness.

Picture from luluguinness.com

For those of you who don't know...
 "Lulu Guinness is famous for exquisite, witty handbags and accessories, launched her company in 1989 and instantly became a "must" in every fashion aficionado's international address book. All Lulu Guinness stores are designed by Lulu herself and provide the perfect showcase for the entire range of accessories.Despite her success Lulu has never had any formal design training apart from a year's foundation course at art school and a long-standing passion for design and fashion.  In 1989, she left her job in video production to start her own business from the basement of the house in west London.
Lulu's strong personal style and her original ideas have played a large part in her success with her design inspiration springing partly from retro glamour and partly from modern chic." -www.luluguinness.com 

I stumbled across a collection LG had designed for JC Penney stores, back in the end of November 2012. I instantly fell in love with her patterns of lips, polka dots and London themed patterns. I couldn't wait to get to JCP Feb. 22 to pick over the newest collection. I looked online before I went, and picked out my two "must haves" - a scarf and purse - which was the only two things I bought. My store had a great selection of everything.

The layout took over a huge section of purses.
This table had bow bags and different sized wallets.
A table with bigger purses and clutches.


I love this blue clutch, but have so many clutches already. This Arm Candy Frame Clutch retails for  $35.
Now here are the two items I purchased: the Bow-tique Mini Cross Body Bag in Bluebird for $30 and the Viscose Printed Oblong Scarf in the Postcard print for $20.

The bag is a great size and a fabulous color.


A close up of the bow - it says Lulu by Lulu Guinness.

I love this scarf because of the postcards, I collect postcards.

The scarf has "cat stamps" on it, just another wonderful thing about the scarf that I completely adore.

So I was good and only bought two things, though I'm hoping the collection will be around to go on clearance, because there were quite a few bags I loved! I will post them below (and link to the bag on JCP in the caption) -- I hope you enjoy and comment and let me know what you like about the collection & tell me what you got, and why you love it!

The Clear Lip Tote in Pink, $45.

Arm Candy Mega Tote in cream/black dots, $65 (I really love this one)

The Top Handle Tote in Red Quilted Heart, $50.



 ~Rachel Unraveled





No comments:

Post a Comment