Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Prabal Gurung for Target Review Part 1

The Prabal Gurung for Target collection  came out February 10, 2013. 
I wish I could live at Target, that's how much I love that store. Ever since last year, I became fascinated and obsessed with designer collaborations at Target. I thought the first collection I owned was the Jason Wu for Target (Feb. 5, 2012), but it turns out I had some Target collabs in my closet I didn't realize were collabs! I will definitely do a post about those items in the future. 

But since I found out about the Prabal Gurung for Target collection, I had my eyes on quite a few items. Despite only being able to sleep for two hours the day the collection came out, I headed to Target at 7:50 am to get on line. It was a nice surprise that there were only a few people waiting in cars before 8 am. At 7:59 I dashed out of my car, and was the first person in Target. I ran straight over to the racks were the PG was, and to my surprise there was less than I imagined. I had looked at the lookbook (you can see it here). While the whole collection launched online, not everything was available in every store. There were also quite a few online only exclusives.

Please keep in mind when reading my review, that this is a limited time collection and not all pieces my be available. 
The first thing I tried on!
The first item from the collection that I tried on, was the Colorblock Long-Sleeve Cardigan in Dresden Blue in an XL. I really loved the softness of the sweater and especially the hue of blue as most of my wardrobe is blue. For $32.99, this sweater came home with me.

What I styled the cardigan with: A tank from  old navy and a blue watch from American Eagle.

The next piece I tried on was the Colorblock long-sleeve sweater in Atlantis Green. I was so tired when I was trying on the clothes that I decided I liked the other cardigan better and that this one would stay behind at Target (and it did). It was very sheer and tight in the arms.



I hadn't looked at the jewelry in the first Target, because I hadn't seen anything that really called to me. But after a friend posted a pair of earrings on her, I decided I needed to give these a try. So I got the Tassel Earrings with Stones in silver (currently unavailable online, but may be in stores). I really love the look of the earrings and they are elegant. I do warn you, that if you have sensitive ear lobes, these puppies are heavy and probably will not be able to be worn for long periods of times. I can't wait to wear mine! Are they formal or day-to-day in your opinion?


 I have two more items coming from online, so those will be a part two post coming soon.

Now for what I loved, but didn't work for me.


I tried the Flat Sandal in black in a size eleven (my normal size at Target). I have to say I was really disappointed in these shoes for a few reasons. The part that my foot went through was tight around my ankle; the part across the width of my foot was squeezing it and the toe separator was not close enough to my toes. The kicker was that the zipper was very hard to work and I was not able to get the shoes off until I sat down! So these did not work for me.


Next I tried the Wedge Sandal with Ankle Strap in Apple Red. I tried these shoes in a size 10, because this shoe did not go up to a size 11. The band around my toes was tight and my foot felt like it was not secure. The strap wouldn't close for me, and not having an easy closure is a deal breaker. So unfortunately, my PG shoe fantasy was not fulfilled.

Summary: I absolutely am in love with the bright colors of the collection! Overall it was a great collection and I am satisfied with my purchases. I'm hoping that the two items I ordered will work, and even if they don't, the review will be up soon! 

~Rachel Unraveled

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, love those long dangly earrings - i would wear those for daytime for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mollie! I wore them to school last week.

      Delete